Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marina marina is offline

Default Level 4 not showing up in TOC

Outline levels beyond 1, 2 and 3 do not show up in my document's TOC. I'm
using Word 2003. Is there anything I can do?
--
Mariina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Table of Contents dialog, how many levels did you tell Word to show?
The default is 3; if you didn't change it, then that's the reason. Instead
of going back to square one, however, press Alt+F9 to display the TOC field
code. The default field code (if you didn't change any of Word's settings)
is { TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u }. If you changed anything, yours may look
different, but it's the range after the \o switch that's important he
change it from "1-3" to "1-x," where x represents the number of levels you
want to display. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update the TOC.

"marina" wrote in message
Outline levels beyond 1, 2 and 3 do not show up in my document's TOC. I'm
using Word 2003. Is there anything I can do?
--
Mariina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Your TOC field will look something like
{ TOC \o "1-3" \h \z }. The "1-3" is the range of outline levels to include.
Change that to "1-4" for levels one through four.

Alternatively, insert the TOC the normal way (via Insert Reference) and
*read* the dialog.