How do I make text wrap a shape

Old January 9th 07, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FF/PM

Default How do I make text wrap a shape

My kid needs to write a poem that is in the shape of a Christmas Tree. The
poem is 13 words, and it needs to follow the outline of a tree. Not as fill,
but follow the lines. How do I make Word do this? I figured out how to use
text boxes, but that seems very clumsy, and isn't coming out that good.

Thanks!
Old January 10th 07, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word doesn't have any built-in way to do this. Your best bet is to freehand
a Christmas tree shape (what that is is up to you--anything from a simple
triangle to something more elaborate) using the drawing tools, then center
the text in Word and insert line breaks (Shift+Enter) as needed to conform
to the shape, which can be deleted when you're done. If you have good visual
skills, you can imagine the Christmas tree shape as you type. But isn't it a
bit late for Christmas tree shapes?

Old January 10th 07, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FF/PM

Thanks!

Yeah, weird... but it's for a "What I Got for Chrismtas" thing.

Old January 10th 07, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the explanation. Could have been worse, I guess (imagining a poem
in the shape of a Christmas stocking).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word doesn't have any built-in way to do this. Your best bet is to

freehand
a Christmas tree shape (what that is is up to you--anything from a

simple
triangle to something more elaborate) using the drawing tools, then

center
the text in Word and insert line breaks (Shift+Enter) as needed to

conform
to the shape, which can be deleted when you're done. If you have good

visual
skills, you can imagine the Christmas tree shape as you type. But isn't

it a
bit late for Christmas tree shapes?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.