Avery 8371 Business Card Template

Old January 10th 07, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scrumpyak

Default Avery 8371 Business Card Template

Im trying to print out some business cards, on to some Avery 8371 paper
that I got at staples. Im having trouble lining them up on the paper.
Is there like a template I need to download. Do I have to use microsoft
word or is there somthing better. I have adobe and ms publisher as well.

--
scrumpyak
scrumpyak's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5899

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Old January 10th 07, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Business cards (like most Avery products) are considered "labels." Go to
Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels. On the Labels tab,
click Options. You will probably find that "Avery standard" is already
selected for "Label products"; if not, select it. In the "Product number"
box, scroll down to 8371 and select it. Click OK to close the Options dialog
and click New Document to close the Envelopes and Labels dialog. The new
document thus created is formatted as a table, so be sure you have table
gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see the card
boundaries.

Old January 11th 07, 12:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

If you have Publisher, which does desktop publishing work, why are you using
a word processor to do desktop publishing work?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Old January 11th 07, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Oh, I missed that. It is *much* easier to do this in Publisher. Select
Business Card as the publication size and change the number per page to 10;
you'll get the required margins automatically.

Old January 11th 07, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

What I miss doing in Word could fill oil tankers. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Oh, I missed that. It is *much* easier to do this in Publisher. Select
Business Card as the publication size and change the number per page to
10;
you'll get the required margins automatically.

so
all may benefit.