Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CAS CAS is offline

Default Deleting group of white space and formating a paragraph

I need to format each paragraph indenting the 2nd line about 5 spaces so it
looks like this:
M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and R1-21(c) and
Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)
There are many spaces of 'white space betwen the R1-39 and the end of the
Paragraph mark. I would like to do this with Find & replace so I can Record a
macro.

Original data:

M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and R1-21(c) and
Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)

SC-1000, SUB 12 - Order Giving Notice of Intent to Cancel PSP
Certificate(Wired Communications) (04/11/2006)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CAS CAS is offline

Cas here again... What I tried to show did not stick... The second line
starting with Promulgating should be indented about 5 spaces.

"Cas" wrote:

I need to format each paragraph indenting the 2nd line about 5 spaces so it
looks like this:
M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and R1-21(c) and
Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)
There are many spaces of 'white space betwen the R1-39 and the end of the
Paragraph mark. I would like to do this with Find & replace so I can Record a
macro.

Original data:

M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and R1-21(c) and
Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)

SC-1000, SUB 12 - Order Giving Notice of Intent to Cancel PSP
Certificate(Wired Communications) (04/11/2006)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CAS CAS is offline

I know how to do it as you suggested. The document has about 1300 records
that all look like this. I need to use Find/Replace in a macro to do it
automatically.
I need to Find a paragraph that starts with some Alpha with a dash (X- or
XX-) and highlight (select) that paragraph to the end of a Paragraph mark,
then go into format and do what you suggested, ALL WITHIN A MACRO USING
FIND/REPLACE.

"Cas" wrote in message
I need to format each paragraph indenting the 2nd line about 5
spaces so it looks like this:
M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and R1-21(c)
and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)
There are many spaces of 'white space betwen the R1-39 and the end
of the Paragraph mark. I would like to do this with Find & replace
so I can Record a macro.

Original data:

M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and R1-21(c)
and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)

SC-1000, SUB 12 - Order Giving Notice of Intent to Cancel PSP
Certificate(Wired Communications) (04/11/2006)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create the indented paragraph style then run the following macro. Pick the
style you have created from the list and it will apply that style to all
paragraphs that begin with an uppercase letter or two followed by a hyphen.
If you need to adjust the findtext string make the changes between the
quotes.

Sub AddAStyle()
Dim ReplaceStyle As String
Dim findText As String

findText = "[A-Z]{1,2}-"

With Dialogs(wdDialogFormatStyle)
.Display
ReplaceStyle = .Name
End With
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting

Selection.Find.Replacement.Style = _
ActiveDocument.Styles(ReplaceStyle)
With Selection.Find
.Text = findText
.Replacement.Text = "^&"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = True
.MatchWildcards = True
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With

Selection.Find.Execute replace:=wdReplaceAll
End Sub

"Cas" wrote in message
I need to format each paragraph indenting the 2nd line about 5
spaces so it looks like this:
M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and
R1-21(c) and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)
There are many spaces of 'white space betwen the R1-39 and the end
of the Paragraph mark. I would like to do this with Find & replace
so I can Record a macro.

Original data:

M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and
R1-21(c) and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)

SC-1000, SUB 12 - Order Giving Notice of Intent to Cancel PSP
Certificate(Wired Communications) (04/11/2006)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But if the OP knows how to use Find and Replace, can't he just type
[A-Z]{1,2}- in the "Find what" box and select the desired style in the
"Replace with" box (empty) and Replace All?

"Cas" wrote in message
I need to format each paragraph indenting the 2nd line about 5
spaces so it looks like this:
M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and
R1-21(c) and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)
There are many spaces of 'white space betwen the R1-39 and the end
of the Paragraph mark. I would like to do this with Find & replace
so I can Record a macro.

Original data:

M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and
R1-21(c) and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)

SC-1000, SUB 12 - Order Giving Notice of Intent to Cancel PSP
Certificate(Wired Communications) (04/11/2006)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That would work
But the OP asked for a replace function for use in a macro.

"Cas" wrote in message
I need to format each paragraph indenting the 2nd line about 5
spaces so it looks like this:
M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and
R1-21(c) and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)
There are many spaces of 'white space betwen the R1-39 and the
end of the Paragraph mark. I would like to do this with Find &
replace so I can Record a macro.

Original data:

M-100, SUB 133 - Order Amending Rules R1-5(g), R1-7(c), and
R1-21(c) and Promulgating Rule R1-39 (02/02/2006)

SC-1000, SUB 12 - Order Giving Notice of Intent to Cancel PSP
Certificate(Wired Communications) (04/11/2006)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CAS CAS is offline

Thanks for all your help.
I got what I needed to work.