How to vertical format in mail merge labels?

Old January 18th 07, 12:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djm

Default How to vertical format in mail merge labels?

I'd like to vertically center my labels using Word 2003 mail merge. Any
suggestions?
Old January 18th 07, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Labels are just tables, so use the "Cell alignment" item on the shortcut
menu that appears when you use Right Click in a label.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old January 18th 07, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Try...

....in your Mail Merge main document there should be a single table. Select
it, then use

Table|"Table properties"|Cell|"Vertical alignment"|Center

Peter Jamieson

Old January 18th 07, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djm

Doug,
This worked!! I had been trying to format via TABLE from main menu, not
thinking of formating from TABLE toolbars. Thanks a milliion!!

Old January 18th 07, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djm

Peter,
I tried this earlier, but it didn't work for me. Hold on, I just thought I
retry with a new mail merge label setup before I finished with this reply and
it worked. I am confused, but happy with the results. Thanks for your
assistance.

Old January 18th 07, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Maybe you only selected some of the cells the first time around.

Who knows? Anyway, glad it's fixed now.

Peter Jamieson

Old January 7th 08, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hubes

How would this be accomplished in Word 2007? I can do it cell by cell but I
would like to be able to format all the cells at one time.

Thanks