Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zkid zkid is offline

Default headers careover after section breaks

How is it set to merge? Are you using the directory feature, or are you
telling it to merge as a letter? If you merge as a letter, it should insert
section breaks that automatically turn off same as previous. If you merge as
a directory, it tells Word not to insert section breaks.

"jason" wrote:

Hello all who can possibly help me

I am currenlty working on trying to merge several documents into one for
work. This is a process that has been working correctly for me until
recently. What we have is Word 2000 (because my company wont pay to upgrade).

When we merge the documents, the header from a previous section passes onto
the very next section. This has not occured before.

Here are the steps that I have gone through in order to disable the header
appearing:
1. I go into the affected document and control+home.
2. Insert section break, new page
3. Go in headers/footers
4. Click on next header and turn off "same as previous" throughout the
headers
5. Switch to footers and turn off "same as previous" throughout the footers
6. Delete the additional section break that you put in on the second step
(there already is a section break there, just did this for purposes of
turning "same as previous" off)
7. Save file.

After I do this, when I try and merge the documents together, I still get
the header from the previous section on the first page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all of your help.