Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg100 Greg100 is offline

Default Paper jams when printing with microsoft word

I am printing over a wireless connection from laptop to desktop. I can print
with all applications except Microsoft Office 2007. The HP Photosmart 8250
jams the paper every time. Any ideas? I have Win 98SE in the desktop and
Win XP Pro in the laptop
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

There is no software that can cause paper jams on a printer.

I suspect you've misdiagnosed the situation. It sounds like you need some
printer maintenance (and a better connectivity option -- mixing Win98 with
WinXP is a recipe for disaster on many levels, none of them related to
printing).

Dan

"Greg100" wrote in message
I am printing over a wireless connection from laptop to desktop. I can
print
with all applications except Microsoft Office 2007. The HP Photosmart
8250
jams the paper every time. Any ideas? I have Win 98SE in the desktop and
Win XP Pro in the laptop

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Such is the relationship between Word and the printer driver that they can
be considered as indivisible. I suspect the problem (if not a mechanical
fault of the printer) has to do with the inevitably different drivers
between Windows XP and Windows 98SE (isn't it time to pension off that old
operating system?)