Paper jams when printing with microsoft word

Old January 31st 07, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg100

Default Paper jams when printing with microsoft word

I am printing over a wireless connection from laptop to desktop. I can print
with all applications except Microsoft Office 2007. The HP Photosmart 8250
jams the paper every time. Any ideas? I have Win 98SE in the desktop and
Win XP Pro in the laptop
Old January 31st 07, 07:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman

There is no software that can cause paper jams on a printer.

I suspect you've misdiagnosed the situation. It sounds like you need some
printer maintenance (and a better connectivity option -- mixing Win98 with
WinXP is a recipe for disaster on many levels, none of them related to
printing).

Dan

Old January 31st 07, 07:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Such is the relationship between Word and the printer driver that they can
be considered as indivisible. I suspect the problem (if not a mechanical
fault of the printer) has to do with the inevitably different drivers
between Windows XP and Windows 98SE (isn't it time to pension off that old
operating system?)

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com