Bullets aren't showing up on indent

Old February 9th 07, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate

Default Bullets aren't showing up on indent

I think I must've somehow accidentally changed a setting, because I've been
trying to make outlines in Page Layout (NOT Outline Layout), and usually when
I tab an indented bullet shows up, but now, instead, after I return and then
tab, the text starts tabbed, but the number is where it was on the previous
row. My question is, how do I get indented bullets/numbers to show up?

Thanks.
Old February 9th 07, 10:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word 97 and 2000, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Tabs
and backspace set left indent" box | OK.

In Word 2002 and 2003, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat
As You Type | check the "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and
backspaces" box | OK.