Why would an email(word doc.)have a vertical blue line showing?

Old February 10th 07, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin

Default Why would an email(word doc.)have a vertical blue line showing?

Hello,
I received an email message with an attached WORD document. The document
contained a vertical blue line running down the left margin of the text. What
causes this line and can it be removed? I would like to forward the message
but I do not want that line appearing next to the text.

I would appreciate your assistance. I realize that this is probably a
ridiculous issue for many people however, the line is very distracting for me
when reading the text. So I ask that someone please take pity on my situation
and help me remove that INFERNAL BLUE EYESORE!!!

I am using Outlook 2003 and Word 2003 functions as my Outlook editor.

Thank you so very much!

Old February 10th 07, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Robin

Is the vertical blue line in the email or in the attached Word document?

If it's in the email, then this is an issue with how the email was sent to
you. You'll have to ask the person who sent it to stop sending you emails
with vertical blue lines.

If the blue line is in the document, then you'll need to work out where the
blue line is saved. Can you click on the line and press delete? If not,
perhaps it's in the header. Do View Headers and Footers and poke around to
see if you can click on the line and then press delete.

INFERNAL BLUE EYESORE!!!

Please don't yell at people here! We're all just volunteers trying to help
one another out.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Old February 10th 07, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gotta question

It might be that the document was set up to track changes. While it's open,
try clicking on tools... and see if track changes is selected. If so,
deselect it, and see if that helps.

Old February 11th 07, 06:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin

Hi Shauna,
I am thrilled with your response as I believe it may solve the issue. I
think that the line is in the WORD document and not the email itself. I will
use your suggestions and hopefully see my blue line vanish.

I would also like to extend my sincere apologies to you, as well as, any
other member of this forum who interpreted my closing remarks (shown below)
as rude or offensive in any way. It was certainly unintentional and I would
like to explain to you why I wrote as I did.

"INFERNAL BLUE EYESORE!!!
Please don't yell at people here! We're all just volunteers trying to help
one another out."

I did not mean to imply that I was yelling at anyone, which is why I added
the 'smiley' at the end of the statement. I was simply expressing my
frustration at my inability to remove the line. The problem (at 1st glance)
seemed to be something very simple. But I spent 20 minutes wasting my time,
before determining that I could use some help from someone who hadn't been
staring at that blue line for 20 minutes. I am very sorry if my post was
inappropriate and again I sincerely thank you for your help.

In appreciation,