Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Francis Francis is offline

Default Spelling checker tries to find German proofing tools

I live in Germany but have the English version of Windows XP and the English
version of MS Office 2007.

When I open a new Word 2007 document and enter an ENGLISH text and then use
the "Review - Spelling & Grammar" function I get the error message "Cannot
find proofing tools for German (Germany). If you have the proofing tools, try
installing or re-installing them. Contact ..."

What should I do to have the installed English proofing tools work fine. I
don't want use the German proofing tools, it is of course not installed. I
want use only the installed English proofing tools.

Interestingly, when I open an old Word document with English text the
"Review - Spelling & Grammar" function works fine. Only when I want create a
NEW document I have the above mentioned problem.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Francis Francis is offline

I've found the solution. I use a German keyboard and so Word assumes that I
enter text in German language and so in the Language Settings of Word "German
(Germany)" is selected even if I enter text in English.