how do I split a page into quadrants?

Old February 11th 07, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lemcneely

Default how do I split a page into quadrants?

I'm trying to create 4.5 x 5.5 wedding invitations. I don't know how to make
quadrants on my 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, so I can print 4 Invitations on one
sheet.
I would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you.
Old February 11th 07, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Either use a 2 x 2 table or create it at full size and print four pages to a
sheet (zoom setting in the print dialog) - see
http://www.gmayor.com/print_multiple_copies.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 11th 07, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The easiest way is to select Avery 5845 (Note card) as the "label type" in
Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels | Label Options. On the
Label tab, click New Document to get a full sheet. They're set up as a 2x2
table, so be sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show
Gridlines) so you can see the card boundaries.

You could set up a 2x2 table yourself, as Graham suggests, but using the
label definition is better because Word has already taken care of the page
margins and built in some sort of "magic" that suppresses the "Margins
outside the printable area" error message.