Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cjm563 cjm563 is offline

Default Convert word to excel

I downloaded a Distribution List in Outlook as a .txt file which I saved as a
word document. I need to convert this .doc to a .xls in order to export my
email addresses from the List to my email campaign.

Word does not have an Import/Export under File. There is also no such option
to add under Toolbars/Customize.

Save As does not list .xls as an option.

I have Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want to save as xls, you need the old Excel converter which you can
download from my web site. However if the data file was sent to you as an
email txt attachment, chances are that Excel will open that as it stands
without the need to use Word as an interim step.

cjm563 wrote:
I downloaded a Distribution List in Outlook as a .txt file which I
saved as a word document. I need to convert this .doc to a .xls in
order to export my email addresses from the List to my email campaign.

Word does not have an Import/Export under File. There is also no such
option to add under Toolbars/Customize.

Save As does not list .xls as an option.

I have Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cjm563 cjm563 is offline

While waiting for the reply. I did some more reading and solved my problem
this way - I opened the .txt file in Excel, followed the wizard for
conversion and saved it as an Excel workbook. This worked fine.