Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LEU LEU is offline

Default Forms question

If I have 2 sessions of Word 2003 open at the same time and in the first
session I open a form, it locks the second sessions so I cant do anything in
it while the form is open in the first session. Is there any way to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

No. (Well, yes, you could start a second instance of Word, but you will get
very unpredictable results if you do...)

There is actually only one instance of Word running, with two documents
open. There is one instance of the Visual Basic Editor running, and that
can have only one user connected at once.

On 17/2/07 2:57 PM, in article
, "LEU"
wrote:

If I have 2 sessions of Word 2003 open at the same time and in the first
session I open a form, it locks the second sessions so I canąt do anything in
it while the form is open in the first session. Is there any way to fix this?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Forms question [email protected] New Users 1 May 23rd 06 05:04 PM
Forms question JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] Microsoft Word Help 0 December 1st 05 12:31 AM
Forms Question Anita Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 05 06:40 PM
Forms Question Ray Batig New Users 1 October 7th 05 04:59 AM
Forms - another question Tywardreath Microsoft Word Help 2 January 27th 05 01:11 AM