Word 2007: Retreiving a previous version of document.

Old February 22nd 07, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cabby

Default Word 2007: Retreiving a previous version of document.

I have a document created in Word 2003 with the Versions feature enabled. How
do I open a previously saved version of this document in Word 2007?
Old February 22nd 07, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP]

You can't. Word 2007 does not support versioning anymore. You'll have to
open the file in 2003 to get to an earlier version. I don't know though
whether the earlier versions will still be there after the file has been
saved in 2007 once.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

:

Old February 26th 07, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M.

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Q2FiYnk=?=,

I have a document created in Word 2003 with the Versions feature enabled. How
do I open a previously saved version of this document in Word 2007?

Microsoft has provided a tool for this. It's part of the Microsoft Office
Migration Planning Manager. See

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a8bc-40ef-8281
-dd2c325a5a81&DisplayLang=en

Cindy Meister