black highlighting?

Old February 26th 07, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dsjr

Default black highlighting?

Hi:

I don't know how I do this ... but, sometimes, in word (2003) when I change
fonts in a document, I end up with a black background for that text ... as if
I was using black highlight. When I look at the formatting used in the
document, sure enough, there is a selection that shows " ....Pattern: Clear
(Black) .....".

Can anyone tell me how I did this to begin with (!) and how I get rid of it
once it is done .. specifically the black background.

(windows xp)

thanks ...

Old February 27th 07, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

I don't know how you are adding this "highlighting," which is actually
called shading. Use Format | Borders and Shading, Shading tab, to
remove any shading in the selected paragraph(s).

You may also want to verify that the settings for the style you are
using does not incorrectly include black shading. Choose Format |
Styles and Formatting. In the Styles and Formatting pane, right-click
the style name, choose Modify. In the Modify Style dialog box, click
Format, and then click Border. Clear any shading specified on the
Shading tab. Confirm with OK, OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old March 1st 07, 11:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom