Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al[_2_] Al[_2_] is offline

Default Deleting all but figures

I have a document with many figures. The figures have style 'Figure' and
the figure titles have the style 'Figure Title'. I would like to delete
everything else so I can review/scan the figures (with title) without
having to scroll through the whole document looking for figures. (The Find
with style Figure sequences to only the figure and I have to scroll to see
the title.) There are many other styles so deleting each is time
consuming.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

How to do this depends on how your document is set up. Here are some ideas
to try.

For example, if all the "other" styles are based on Normal, then make Normal
hidden, make Figure and Figure Title not hidden and then use Tools Options
View to hide hidden text.

Or, if that won't work, select the whole document and hide everything. Then
use Edit Replace, click More, and search for Figure and Figure Title, and
make them not hidden.

No matter what you do, I suggest you do it on a copy of the document.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Al" wrote in message
. 254.210...
I have a document with many figures. The figures have style 'Figure' and
the figure titles have the style 'Figure Title'. I would like to delete
everything else so I can review/scan the figures (with title) without
having to scroll through the whole document looking for figures. (The
Find
with style Figure sequences to only the figure and I have to scroll to see
the title.) There are many other styles so deleting each is time
consuming.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al[_2_] Al[_2_] is offline

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in
:

Hi

How to do this depends on how your document is set up. Here are some
ideas to try.

For example, if all the "other" styles are based on Normal, then make
Normal hidden, make Figure and Figure Title not hidden and then use
Tools Options
View to hide hidden text.

Or, if that won't work, select the whole document and hide everything.
Then use Edit Replace, click More, and search for Figure and Figure
Title, and make them not hidden.

No matter what you do, I suggest you do it on a copy of the document.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Al" wrote in message
. 254.210...
I have a document with many figures. The figures have style 'Figure'
and
the figure titles have the style 'Figure Title'. I would like to
delete everything else so I can review/scan the figures (with title)
without having to scroll through the whole document looking for
figures. (The Find
with style Figure sequences to only the figure and I have to scroll
to see the title.) There are many other styles so deleting each is
time consuming.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Word 2003.

Thanks Shauna. Two great ideas. I had an epiphany after I posted and
ran a TOC with just Figure and Figure Title selected and no page number.
Got them all up front for review. But I like your ideas too.

Al