Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kip Kip is offline

Default Where is the blue screen, white text, option?

Did this go away in 2007? If so I won't be buying. Staring at a white screen
all day while writing is really hard on my eyes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Yes, it's gone. You can try using the Background color, but that doesn't
change the text.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Kip" wrote in message
Did this go away in 2007? If so I won't be buying. Staring at a white
screen
all day while writing is really hard on my eyes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message

Did this go away in 2007? If so I won't be buying. Staring at a white
screen
all day while writing is really hard on my eyes

Yes, it's gone.

What!? Does MS market test its products *at all*?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kip Kip is offline

I won't be upgrading in that case. I'll stick with 2003 until they come to
their senses and add it back. Background doesn't work because then it prints,
and who wants to remember to change the colors every time you want to print
something.

-Kip

"Kip" wrote in message
Did this go away in 2007? If so I won't be buying. Staring at a white
screen
all day while writing is really hard on my eyes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Not trying to persuade you one way or the other, but Background doesn't
print unless you select the option to have it do so. It still may not be a
viable option for those who prefer the BBWT. I would imagine here may be
(soon if not already) 3rd party options for W2007.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Kip" wrote in message
Did this go away in 2007? If so I won't be buying. Staring at a white
screen
all day while writing is really hard on my eyes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

Did this go away in 2007? If so I won't be buying. Staring at a white
screen

Yes, it's gone.

What!? Does MS market test its products *at all*?

Yes, and it found that only a minuscule fraction of Word users used BBWT.

And that's a justification for REMOVING the option?

Sorry but that was the last nail in the Office 2007 coffin as far as I'm
concerned. We'll stick with Office XP (in my case) and with Office 2003 (in
my wife's case).

--
Bob, I'm outa here
http://www.kanyak.com