Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LauraMc LauraMc is offline

Default Line/fill colour not working

On my microsoft word my line fill and fill colour are not working. When I
click on them, they appear all grey. I have used them before so am wondering
if I have set some kind of option. Any ideas???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you have your printer set for grayscale?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"LauraMc" wrote in message
On my microsoft word my line fill and fill colour are not working. When I
click on them, they appear all grey. I have used them before so am
wondering
if I have set some kind of option. Any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

May seem like it's overly obvious, so don't be offended, but I just gotta
ask ;-)

Are you first *selecting* something to which Line & Fill colors can be
applied?... and what _version_ of Word, btw?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"LauraMc" wrote in message
no, just checked.

"LauraMc" wrote in message
On my microsoft word my line fill and fill colour are not working.
When I
click on them, they appear all grey. I have used them before so am
wondering
if I have set some kind of option. Any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Windows, click on Start | Control Panel | Accessibility Options |
Display | uncheck the "Use high contrast" box | OK.

LauraMc wrote:
On my microsoft word my line fill and fill colour are not working. When I
click on them, they appear all grey. I have used them before so am wondering
if I have set some kind of option. Any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LauraMc LauraMc is offline

I have created a table in a word doc. I have selected a word within a cell
then clicked on the colour buttons. I have previoviously highlighted words
in this table but now it's not working. I have opened several other docs and
am having the same problem. I think its 2003.

I have also checked the 'high contrast box' and it was not checked.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

May seem like it's overly obvious, so don't be offended, but I just gotta
ask ;-)

Are you first *selecting* something to which Line & Fill colors can be
applied?... and what _version_ of Word, btw?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"LauraMc" wrote in message
no, just checked.

"LauraMc" wrote in message
On my microsoft word my line fill and fill colour are not working.
When I
click on them, they appear all grey. I have used them before so am
wondering
if I have set some kind of option. Any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Line Color and Fill Color apply to AutoShapes, not tables, although the
buttons have the same icons as the Border Color and Shading Color buttons on
the Tables and Borders toolbar.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

May seem like it's overly obvious, so don't be offended, but I just

gotta
ask ;-)

Are you first *selecting* something to which Line & Fill colors can be
applied?... and what _version_ of Word, btw?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac