Two columns to one column

Old March 9th 07, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRG3

Default Two columns to one column

I am having a difficult time with columns. I am trying to switch from two
columns to one column in order to type a heading. After that, I plan to go
back to two columns, and repeat the process. The problem is, though, I can't
figure out how to make the switch. I have tried anything and everything
under the "blogs" and nothing is working. When I try to apply continuous
section breaks, for example, it takes some of the text from the first column
and puts it into the second column. If anyone can help, PLEASE send
anything. I need to do this assignment for my AP class and I could really
use the advice. Thanks to anyone who replies!
Old March 9th 07, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select just the text you want to change the number of columns in. Then
either drag the correct number of columns on the toolbar palette or use
Format | Columns, making sure that "Apply to" is set to "Selected Text."
Word will take care of inserting the required Continuous section breaks. For
more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

Old March 24th 07, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't understand what you're trying to do, then. When Word fills one
column, it will flow text to the next one. Text flow can be inhibited by
"Keep with next" and "Keep lines together" formatting as well as by manual
column breaks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select just the text you want to change the number of columns in. Then
either drag the correct number of columns on the toolbar palette or use
Format | Columns, making sure that "Apply to" is set to "Selected Text."
Word will take care of inserting the required Continuous section breaks.

For
more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.