Printing both letter and legal page sizes in one document

Old March 12th 07, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Forbes

Default Printing both letter and legal page sizes in one document

I am having trouble printing both letter and legal page sizes in one Word
2003 document.
I have created a word document that is 4 pages long and consists of both
letter and legal paper sizes and both portrait and landscape paper
orientation.
Page 1 is set to letter paper size and potrait orientation.
Starting with page 2, I have the rest of the document set to paper size
legal and landscape orientation.
When I preview the document everything loogs good; however, when I print the
document, the first page prints correctly (letter, portrait) the second page
prints correctly (legal, landscape) but the remaining pages print in the
correct orientation (Landscape) but on letter paper size instead of legal.
Things I have tried:
1. I tried recreating the document using a different computer but the same
version of word - same results
2. Under Page Settings, Paper, Paper Source I have changed the first page to
print from tray 2 (Letter) and I have set other pages to print from tray 3
(Legal) - still the same result
3. I thought that maybe a different print driver would help so I tried the
latest PostScript driver instead of the PCL driver - same result
4. Under File, Print, Zoom, Scale to Paper Size, I selected Legal. Page 1
printed legal/portrait, page 2 printed legal,landscape but the rest of the
pages printed letter/landscape.
Is there any way to get this document to print correctly?

Office Version: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Build 5604
Printer: HP Laserjet 4200tn (PCL5e, PCL6 & PS Driver)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2 Build 2600

--
Todd Forbes
Northwest School Division
Old April 2nd 07, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Forbes

Forbes wrote:
I am having trouble printing both letter and legal page sizes in one Word
2003 document.
I have created a word document that is 4 pages long and consists of both
letter and legal paper sizes and both portrait and landscape paper
orientation.

How many sections?

Page 1 is set to letter paper size and potrait orientation.
Starting with page 2, I have the rest of the document set to paper size
legal and landscape orientation.
When I preview the document everything loogs good; however, when I print the
document, the first page prints correctly (letter, portrait) the second page
prints correctly (legal, landscape) but the remaining pages print in the
correct orientation (Landscape) but on letter paper size instead of legal.
Things I have tried:
1. I tried recreating the document using a different computer but the same
version of word - same results
2. Under Page Settings, Paper, Paper Source I have changed the first page to
print from tray 2 (Letter) and I have set other pages to print from tray 3
(Legal) - still the same result

I *think* tray settings are bound to the section, too, so make sure you
set them right for every section.

You are not trying to print this document double-sided, right?

Working with Sections (by Dave Rado)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Old April 2nd 07, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Forbes

How many sections?

I have created 1 section break at the end of page 1. I then changed the
formatting starting with page 2 so that it was legal and landscape and set it
to apply to the rest of the document from that point forward.
For some strange reason, page 3 and page 4 still print landscape but on
letter paper instead of legal.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

--
Todd Forbes
Northwest School Division