Avery 5168 - Need to Make Landscape

Old March 22nd 07, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy

Default Avery 5168 - Need to Make Landscape

Hi,
I am trying to change the orientation of these labels on Microsoft Office
Word 2003 from Portfolio to Landscape so that I can print out labels. When I
do this, it changes the whole formatting of the page. Any suggestions on how
to handle this?
--
Kathy
Old March 22nd 07, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoniM

You need to create a custom label. When you go to label options, click new
label. Set the top and side margin to 0.5", the label height to 3.5", the
label width to 3.5",the vertical pitch to 4", horizontal pitch to 5", number
accross and down both to 2, and set the page size to the Letter landscape (11
x 8 1/2"). Set the label name to something like 5168 landscape that you will
recognize later so that you can reuse it from the custom list.

Old March 22nd 07, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

Start with a blank sheet of those labels, put your text in. Highlight your
text, Format - Text Direction.

You aren't changing the orientation but you are changing the direction your
text is facing. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Old March 22nd 07, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

You're doing it the hard way. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Old March 22nd 07, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoniM

But with my way, you only have to do it once. Not everytime you need labels.
Which in the end, could very well make your way the hard way...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

You're doing it the hard way. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Old March 23rd 07, 01:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_]

I would save the document I just created with sideways text and use that as
a basis for other similar files. ;-) Doncha just love that there isn't
*just one way* to do things?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"BoniM" wrote in message
But with my way, you only have to do it once. Not everytime you need
labels.
Which in the end, could very well make your way the hard way...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

You're doing it the hard way. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules