Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TC TC is offline

Default Shading bookmarks and fields

I have word set to shade all bookmarks and fields. The bookmarks and fields
are always shaded when they're filled with data, however when the document is
cleared (reset), only the empty bookmarks are shaded... and some of the
fields... the reference fields that are between words are shaded... the
fields that do not have a word before and after them are not.
Has anyone else noted this and is there a fix for it, so that when I have a
cleared document, I can easily see where all my references back to bookmarks
are located and be sure I haven't left any out.
TC