Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Delia Delia is offline

Default Formatting problems when cutting and pasting into Word 2007

Many times when I try to cut and paste from one document to another, it's as
if I also unwittingly paste some "phantom formatting" from the old document
which ruins the formatting on my new document. For example, I am working
with a pre-existing pleading paper document (who knows when it was created)
and when I tried to cut and paste paragraphs from another document (also on
pleading paper of dubious origin) into the new one, the formatting on my new
document changes so that the pleading line numbers moved to the inside of the
vertical left margin lines. The weird thing is that both dcouments are on
pleading paper with the line numbers on the OUTSIDE of the vertical lines
where they belong. My fix up to this point has been to open a blank document
and start the whole darn thing over again, very frustrating and very
time-consuming. thanks in advance!
--
Delia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

2007 should have the option to paste special as plain text which should
avoid formatting conflicts - in any case the following macro should work

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

Delia wrote:
Many times when I try to cut and paste from one document to another,
it's as if I also unwittingly paste some "phantom formatting" from
the old document which ruins the formatting on my new document. For
example, I am working with a pre-existing pleading paper document
(who knows when it was created) and when I tried to cut and paste
paragraphs from another document (also on pleading paper of dubious
origin) into the new one, the formatting on my new document changes
so that the pleading line numbers moved to the inside of the vertical
left margin lines. The weird thing is that both dcouments are on
pleading paper with the line numbers on the OUTSIDE of the vertical
lines where they belong. My fix up to this point has been to open a
blank document and start the whole darn thing over again, very
frustrating and very time-consuming. thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Delia Delia is offline

And the light bulb went on! (of course your little macro thing went right
over my head - but hopefully I won't need it!). Thanks so much - too many
new features in 2007 and not enough time!
--
Delia

Delia wrote:
Many times when I try to cut and paste from one document to another,
it's as if I also unwittingly paste some "phantom formatting" from
the old document which ruins the formatting on my new document. For
example, I am working with a pre-existing pleading paper document
(who knows when it was created) and when I tried to cut and paste
paragraphs from another document (also on pleading paper of dubious
origin) into the new one, the formatting on my new document changes
so that the pleading line numbers moved to the inside of the vertical
left margin lines. The weird thing is that both dcouments are on
pleading paper with the line numbers on the OUTSIDE of the vertical
lines where they belong. My fix up to this point has been to open a
blank document and start the whole darn thing over again, very
frustrating and very time-consuming. thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marianne Marianne is offline

Default Formatting problems when typing on pleading paper.

I got your below message when I was searching for formatting pleading paper.
I'm having trouble keeping the typed information lined up with the numbers of
the lines. Help, thank you, Marianne