Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Meyerink Dee Meyerink is offline

Default How do you edit a Quick Part entry?

I went from Word 2000 to 2007 in one day and what a change. I have some
repetetive paragraphs set up in the Quick Part gallery but I can't figure out
how to change, edit, or delete them. In my opinion, the Word "Help" section
is the worst I've seen in a while. I typed in my question and it directed me
on to a page full of instructions on how to "resign". What is up with that???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You can not edit a Quick Part. What you must do is insert it in a document,
make your edits there and then save the changed version back to the Quick
Parts Gallery. You can delete the old version first if you like or just try
saving in the same place with the same name and you will be prompted to
overwrite.

You delete quick parts through the Building Blocks Organizer (available from
various pop up and drop down menus).

Finally, I agree with you about Help. It appears to be a dying feature of
the product.

--
Enjoy,
Tony