Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

Default unwanted highlight

I have a document with several bulleted items. There are a couple lines where
the bullet number were highlighted. These two highlights seem to be random.

Of some 100 bullet lines, two are highlighted and I can't remove.

I've tried clearing the format then applying but it seems to continue.

Please advise
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Manny:

The actual "highlighting" function does not depend on styles, but on a
separate tool. You may have to click the Highlight button, use the pull-down
list to set the highlight color to None, then swipe the text. You could also
use the format painter to copy the formatting from an unhighlighted item to a
highlighted item.

But you may not be seeing this kind of highlighting. Is the entire bulleted
item being highlighted, or just the actual bullet symbol?

If you click Tools Options View, what does the Field Shading list say?
If you change it to Never, does the highlighting go away?

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manny manny is offline

Bear:

That worked.

I figured the prvious author had highlighed the two sections I was having
trouble with. Then when we made changes and removed the highlight, the
removal did not carry to the bulleted area.

As you sugested I unchecked the Highlight field in the Options menu

Cheers

How to highlight Text, but only print text not highlight Darren Microsoft Word Help 7 August 28th 06 04:07 AM
Why do I not have highlight in my format? Highlight Microsoft Word Help 1 December 13th 05 11:22 PM
Highlight Ray Page Layout 2 August 10th 05 05:09 AM
highlight tailgunner Joe Microsoft Word Help 2 March 21st 05 06:46 PM
Highlight Changes Marss Microsoft Word Help 12 January 18th 05 03:39 AM