Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linking Word pages Linking Word pages is offline

Default How do I link pages in the same Word Document?

I am trying to link pages of a manual to the index. I also want the reader
to be able to go back to the index after viewing any page of the document.
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To clarify, are you talking about an alphabetical index at the end of the
document or a chronological table of contents at the beginning?

"Linking Word pages" Linking Word wrote in
message ...
I am trying to link pages of a manual to the index. I also want the

reader
to be able to go back to the index after viewing any page of the document.
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Table of contents entries are hyperlinked by default in Word 2000 and
later versions (page numbers are hyperlinked in Word 97 too). If this is
not working, press Alt+F9 to display field codes, and add the \h switch
to the TOC field (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TOCSwitches.htm). Press Alt+F9
again to hide codes. Press F9 to update the TOC.

In order to go back to the TOC, you can add the Go to TOC button to any
toolbar (use Tools | Customize); this assumes that you are using Word
2002 or Word 2003.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To clarify, are you talking about an alphabetical index at the end

of the
document or a chronological table of contents at the beginning?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.