how do you remove horizontal lines in Microsoft Word 2003?

Old May 7th 07, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ISco

Default how do you remove horizontal lines in Microsoft Word 2003?

I'm working on a document in Microsoft Word and have these horizontal lines
that have been inserted but I've since merged some information together and
basically I need to delete some of these lines but I can't figure out how to
do it... If I right click with the cursor roughly on one, it doesn't seem to
give me any options relating to editing or removing the line.

The only thing I seem to be able to do with them is to move them up and down
by clicking and dragging the line, whereby the cursor turns into an up arrow
and a down arrow, with a line in the middle... though the line im trying to
move (at the bottom of a page) doesn't seem to want to move.

I've tried using the Microsoft Office Help with this issue but I can't seem
to find any info. regarding specifically these lines, I can only find help
relating to borders and connector lines etc.

How do I remove these?

(btw I wasn't sure whether to post this under general questions or under
drawing and graphics but I didn't make these lines using any of the drawing
toolbar related options/buttons and im not much intrerested in graphics
related functions so I guessed that it maybe goes under general questions(?)
move it if its wrong, though...)
Old May 7th 07, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old May 7th 07, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ISco

Thats done it, thanks! I feel like I should have known that/knew about that
before, I used to do alot of IT classes but haven't done much of that in a
fair while so I guess im starting to forget things... I was surprised it
wasn't covered in the main help though, its not too obvious to know you'd
have to search for it under 'paragraph border'...

Thanks again!