Word margins don't match printer minimum

Old May 9th 07, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KRB - Guelph

Default Word margins don't match printer minimum

My printer's minimum margins are Top 0.12", Bottom 0.5", Left & Right 0.25".
I've tried adjusting the margins in my Word 2003 document to these settings,
but it keeps changing the top margin back to 0.5". If I change the paper size
from Letter to Legal, it allows me to keep the 0.12" top margin. Any ideas
how I can get it to accept the smaller margin using letter paper?
Old May 10th 07, 05:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

The margins that Word will allow you to use are hard coded into the printer
driver. See if there is a newer driver available.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old May 10th 07, 03:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KRB - Guelph

I used to have no problem using a 0.12" top margin, but I recently created a
document with a next page section break which caused the top margin to change
to 0.5" and now when I access that file I cannot reduce the margin to less
than 0.5" in any new document.