insert unnumbered blank page

Old May 21st 07, 08:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cliffhanger314

Default insert unnumbered blank page

I want to insert an unnumbered blank page into my Word document in order to
make my final chapter begin on an odd-numbered page.There would then be TWO
consecutive unnumbered pages, the second unnumbered because it is the first
page of a new chapter (section). Having checked "Different first page" on the
Layout tab of Page Setup, I was able to achieve two consecutive unnumbered
pages only by inserting a second consecutive "Section Break (Next Page)." But
this somehow threw off the page numbering. The first page of the last chapter
suddenly became 57. It had been (correctly) 83. Did I, among other things,
inadvertently break the connection between sections? Is there a better way
for a novice to insert a blank, unnumbered page into a document? Thanks!
Old May 21st 07, 08:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian

Edit the style for the chapter title. Select paragraph, and under the Line
and Page Breaks tab check the Page Break Before box.

Hope this helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

Old May 21st 07, 10:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_15_]

Word can automatically start on an odd page or even page. Define for
every chapter a new section. Insert/Break../Section break type and
select Odd page. Every new section (=chapter) starts then on an odd
page.
HTH, Henk

-

Old May 21st 07, 12:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

As "Henk57" wrote, use an odd page section break; for an existing
section you can change the type of section in File | Page Setup, Layout
tab. Also enable either "Different odd and even" or "Mirror margins" in
File | Page Setup, to ensure that Word correctly adds a filler page as
needed.

To take care of the page numbering: In the Format Page Number dialog box
for the newly created section, set the numbering to "Continuous" (as
opposed to "Start at"). To access the dialog box, click the Format Page
Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 21st 07, 12:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

To take care of the page numbering: In the Format Page Number dialog
box
for the newly created section, set the numbering to "Continuous" (as
opposed to "Start at").

Correction: The option is "Continue from previous section."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP