How do I split a Word table vertically?

Old February 9th 05, 11:07 AM
OzScott

Default How do I split a Word table vertically?

A table with 20 columns is too big for a standard page. I would like to
split the table so that there are two tables of 10 columns each. I can then
'move' one of the tables so that it goes below the other table.

I am using Word 2003
Old February 9th 05, 11:19 AM
garfield-n-odie

Select the whole table. Press Ctrl+C to copy it. Click below the original
table. Make sure there is at least one blank line between your cursor and
the original table. Press Ctrl+V to paste. Delete the last 10 columns from
the upper table, and delete the first 10 columns from the lower table.

Old February 9th 05, 02:27 PM
Margaret Aldis

Surely it would be easier to split the table by placing cursor at row 11 and
choosing Table Split Table?

However, it shouldn't be necessary to break the table. If this is a live
document it would be worth looking at the techniques discussed in

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ksInTables.htm

before breaking the table and losing the advantages of automatic page flow,
repeating headings etc.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP
Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word

Old February 9th 05, 02:38 PM
Margaret Aldis

Whoops, should have read more carefully! Scrub my instructions which are all
about splitting horizontally.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP
Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.word.mvps.org/word