Can not open embedded Viso file

Old May 29th 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
juan

Default Can not open embedded Viso file

Hi,

I have a strange problem. A user created a microsoft word 2003 file. The
user added two visio files into the word file. When I try to open the
embedded visio files I have no problems. Also a trainee with no additional
admin permissions can open it.

But some users in the plant got the following message:

The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the
application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved,
or renamed.

Do you have and idea? I found this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224649/en-us document but I didn't help me.

Many thanks

Juan
Old May 30th 07, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M.

Hi =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbg==?=,

I have a strange problem. A user created a microsoft word 2003 file. The
user added two visio files into the word file. When I try to open the
embedded visio files I have no problems. Also a trainee with no additional
admin permissions can open it.

But some users in the plant got the following message:

The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the
application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved,
or renamed.

Do you have and idea? I found this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224649/en-us document but I didn't help me.

Another possible cause is a third-party application interfering with OLE
server/client interaction. I think Norton Anti-virus Office Add-in is one
known culprit, but there may be others.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Link to Viso CP Microsoft Word Help 1 August 31st 06 03:43 PM
embedded objects won't open DaVeS Microsoft Word Help 3 March 2nd 06 10:33 AM
Can't open embedded .mht file maryj Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 05 04:06 PM
Embedded object doesn't open new Explorer Window MSDos81 Microsoft Word Help 0 April 27th 05 04:10 PM
Open embedded document EmbeddedTrouble Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 05:00 AM