Word stops responding

Old May 29th 07, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rocky shore

Default Word stops responding

I am editing / revising a 50 page document in Word 2003, on Windows XP. There
is an extranious blank table on about page 30 that I wish to get rid of.
However whenever the cursor touches the page that contains the table, the
program stops responding. I have edited the pages up to that one, and pages
following that one, however the garbage is still in the middle, and I would
like to remove it.
I cannot highlight it and then delete it, nor can I back space through it,
as any time I go near it the message "program not responding " appears at the
top of the window. Help to solve this would be appreciated.
--
Rocky Shore Nova Scotia
Old May 29th 07, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Have you tried setting the Select Browse Objects feature (bottom of the
Vertical Scroll Bar) to Browse by Table, then using TableSelectTable? Or
you may be able to place the insertion point in the para above/below the
rogue table, then use Shift+Control+Down/Up Arrow to select it. That may
permit deleting it without incident.

If that doesn't help I suspect you have a seriously corrupt table. Should it
be necessary you'll find some tips he

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm

and I'm sure there may be some other suggestions to come your way.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones