Track Changes - Print Comments ONLY!

Old February 9th 05, 09:03 PM
dinogami

Default Track Changes - Print Comments ONLY!

Hi! - This is a question/suggestion -- if there's no answer, please take it
as a suggestion for future versions of Word! I LOVE Word's built-in editing
capabilities (via "Track Changes"). However, I have just edited a document
that, sadly, needed LOTS of changes -- insertions, deletions, formatting
changes, and almost 150 comments, some of them very long. I will be sending
the document electronically, but I am not certain that the recipient knows
how to use these functions (or, indeed, if they're using Word at all!) So I
want to print the list of changes as a hard copy and send that, too. I know
how to print just the markups, but because there are so many, this is a very,
very long document! I am not interested in a printout of the insertions,
deletions, and formatting changes -- I ONLY want to print out the almost 150
comments I've made and send just that. Is this possible? I've even tried
printing the markup only to a print file, but the resulting file (in .prn
format) won't open in Word so that I can manually delete all but the
comments. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many, many thanks in
advance for anyone's time and help! -- Jerry D. Harris