Word document locks up

Old June 16th 07, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan[_2_]

Default Word document locks up

I've had problems with Word locking up after starting a new document. I will
type a few sentences, it locks up, and the ? just stays there. I cannot use
the curser at all, save the document or go any further. If I step away from
the computer, after a few minutes I'm able to type again. Then it happens
again

I'm using Windows XP and have actually reinstalled Office Pro, but I'm still
having the same problem. I don't have any problems with Excel, PowerPoint, or
other Office programs.
--
Joan
Old June 17th 07, 12:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

The steps shown in the following article are designed to troubleshoot such
problems (which usually can be traced to corrupted normal.dot, registry
entries, or add-ins):

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Old June 17th 07, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan[_2_]

Herb,

Thank you for the advice. The link you gave me addressed this issue
(corrupted template), and once I renamed the template the problem was solved.
You saved me a lot of frustrating time--thanks.
--
Joan