how do I change printer settings to just print in black?

Old June 28th 07, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
byron maxwell

Default how do I change printer settings to just print in black?

Just wanting to know how i change printer settings in word. I have a color
printer and every time i try and print its telling me i need to replace a
magenta cartridge in my printer. Im too lazy to go out and buy a colored
cartridge when all I want to do is print in black. How do i change printer
settings to print in just black and white? I know its probably something
basic that ive overlooked but i thought id post it up for next time something
like this happens...thanks.
Old June 28th 07, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

You don't change printer settings in Word. You change printer settings
in your printer driver, which you can access from Windows by clicking on
Start | Control Panel | Printers and Faxes | right-click on the name of
your printer | Properties, or from Word by clicking on File | Print |
Properties (some properties may not be available when accessing the
printer driver from Word). Look for a setting for grayscale or
black-and-white printing.