how do I divide my document into 4 equal parts?

Old July 2nd 07, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae

Default how do I divide my document into 4 equal parts?

I am making up a post wedding invitation. I want to print it out on a regular
piece of card stock. There will be 4 invitations per page. How can I get each
invitation centered (vertical & horizontal) in it's own 1/4 section of the
paper? I know there has to be an easy answer...It is just eluding me.
THANKS!
Rae;-)
Old July 2nd 07, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Herb Tyson [MVP]

What version of Word? Assuming 2003, try:

File - Print, and set Pages per sheet: to 4.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Old July 2nd 07, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae

I am sorry...I am working with Office 2003.
The 4 sheets to a page didn't help. But thanks!
Rae ;-)

Old July 3rd 07, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae

I GOT IT! I fooled around with the margins then used trial and error. Just
think there should be an easier way!

Old July 3rd 07, 06:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels. On the Labels tab,
click Options and select Avery 5845 Note card, and click OK. In the Labels
dialog, click New Document. This will create a sheet of four cards. They are
set up as a table, so be sure you display table gridlines (Table | Show
Gridlines) so you can see the card boundaries.

Old July 3rd 07, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Herb Tyson [MVP]

I'm glad you got it working. However, I'm surprised that 4 pages per sheet
didn't work for you, since I've used that approach for invitations many
times, and it's worked perfectly without a lot of trial and error. The key
for me was to use both vertical and horizontal centering, which eliminated
trial and error.

Old July 3rd 07, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

But using "4 pages per sheet" requires that you set the invitation up as a
full sheet and then reduce it, which requires trial and error on font sizes.
Not to mention that it works a lot better with A sizes (A4, A5, etc.) than
with U.S. sizes since the A sizes all have the same aspect ratio.