How do I get rid of green squiggly lines in word document?

Old July 16th 07, 02:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Green Squiggly Lines

Default How do I get rid of green squiggly lines in word document?

When I am opening a word document, I see green squiggly lines under the words
I have written in several instances. (a) How do I get rid of these lines,
and (b) will the person I send this word document to, see them ??? Please
advise me as to what I am doing wrong so this does not appear each time .
Old July 16th 07, 04:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Oddly enough, in this case you can get some help from Word's help.
Searching for the word "squiggly" gets you a topic called "I see
something unusual in my document" that explains most of the things
Word displays. It says:

"When you automatically check spelling and grammar, Microsoft Word
uses wavy red underlines to indicate possible spelling errors and wavy
green underlines to indicate possible grammatical errors."

To turn them off, go to Tools Options Spelling & Grammar and
uncheck the box for "Check grammar as you type" (in Word 2007, it's
Office button Word Options Proofing "Mark grammar errors as you
type").

If you send the document to someone else, whether they see the lines
depends on how their option is set.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman