how do I fit 4 excel charts on one word page?

Old July 21st 07, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ebee

Default how do I fit 4 excel charts on one word page?

I'm working in Office 2007. I want to move 4 charts from Excel into a paper.
I would like to have 2 or 4 per page with room for captions underneath. When
I tried to make them smaller, the axis titles overlayed the axis values etc.
Old July 21st 07, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:46:02 -0700, Ebee
wrote:

I'm working in Office 2007. I want to move 4 charts from Excel into a paper.
I would like to have 2 or 4 per page with room for captions underneath. When
I tried to make them smaller, the axis titles overlayed the axis values etc.

I think it depends on (a) how you "moved" the charts and (b) how you
tried to make them smaller.

In Excel, select a chart and copy it to the clipboard. Put the cursor
in Word (preferably in a table, which will keep the charts in the
correct places) and paste. (If you'd like to keep the charts linked to
the Excel data so they update when the data changes, then instead of
an ordinary paste you can click the Paste button on the Home ribbon,
choose Paste Special, click the "Paste link" option, choose "Microsoft
Office Excel Chart Object", and click OK.)

If you click the outer part of the chart area in Word, you should get
a thick frame around the whole chart. When you grab one of the corners
of the frame and drag diagonally, the chart should resize
proportionally. Dragging the top, bottom, or sides will change the
aspect ratio (height/width).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Old July 21st 07, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

wrote:

[...]

Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Hi Jay - not disagreeing with *any* of this at all - simply allowing for
another circumstance I've seen occur...

Depending on the amount of resizing the Chart Object can have a tendency to
cause elements of the chart to crowd & overlap/distort one another. It seems
from the OP that this could be part of the issue. To overcome it - if the
charts don't need to be linked - I've found Paste Special Picture (such as
EMF) to be a useful option.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac