scrambled text in word

Old July 25th 07, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ashu

Default scrambled text in word

Hi, my problem is when I try to scan text into a word doc, what I get is not
what I sent. sometimes the sentences are half here and half there and not in
order. sometimes the pages are shuffled and merged together, if there are
columns scanned they are all merged or else listed in single word per line
all down the page. I have tried everything in the help and troubleshooter.I'm
running office xp pro with all the updates fixes, converters and tool kits
everything else works fine. thank you
--
trial & error

Old July 25th 07, 12:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Welcome to the flaky world of OCR. I assume that you are using the Microsoft
Office Document Imaging, which is a rudimentary OCR software tool? This has
fairly good character reading, but is hopeless with layout and is really
only suitable for reading plain typed documents. If you want something more
sophisticated then you need better OCR software such as Finereader. However
even the best OCR software will struggle with complex documents.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org