Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default ellipsis

When I try to type a . (single period) in MS Word instead I get a set of
ellipsis ....
I am not sure what I've done to make it behave in such a way but how can I
reverse it to just type the one period?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't say which version of Word you're using. However, it sounds like
there is an AutoCorrect entry that is converting . into an ellipsis. By
default, there is an entry that converts ... into an ellipsis.

Choose Tools - AutoCorrect Options - AutoCorrect tab. In the replace field,
type a ".". See if there is an entry for it. If there is, either select it
and click Delete, or if the ... entry is missing, then add two more periods
(in the replace field) and click Add.

If you're using Word 2007, choose Office button - Word Options - Proofing -
AutoCorrect Options... then proceed as indicated above.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible