Changing a next page section break to a continuous one in a column

Old July 31st 07, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jessy

Default Changing a next page section break to a continuous one in a column

I have a document with some columns in it. Normally, the columns end off
with a continuous section break. Sometimes though, this continuous section
break turns into a next page section break and I can’t seem to change it back
to a continuous one (I’ve been able to do it in the past but by total
accident – I think I may have played around with putting in a page break and
somehow it ended up working, but I’m not sure how and would like to
understand why it’s behaving this way). Does anyone have any explanations
and/or workarounds for this?
Old July 31st 07, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I've seen that happen a couple of times lately when I copied and pasted text
containing columns. I never have any problem putting the insertion mark in
the single-column section following the columns, going to the Layout tab of
Page Setup, and changing the section start type back to Continuous.

Old August 24th 07, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Adam

I am having the opposite problem. I have been using the Insert Section Break
function and selecting "Next Page," but the result is a "Continuous" section
break... and I cannot seem to get it to work properly anywhere in the
document. I even go into the Section properties dialogue box and change it
from Continuous to Next Page, but as soon as the box closes-- Voila!-- it's a
Continuous break again. I assume this is poor quality control and not a
secret conflict between two Word functions, but the knowledge base doesn't
seem to address it. If anyone knows how to resolve this, please let me know.