how do i add one document to another.

Old August 1st 07, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim

Default how do i add one document to another.

I want to add a document to the end or beginning of another document. These
documents have varying footers/headers and I want to make sure all of it is
kept correct when I do the adding.
Old August 2nd 07, 10:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old August 2nd 07, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scubamunda

Jim,

First, go to the spot in the document you want to insert the second file.
Create a section break (this will allow you to keep your headers) by going to
Insert --Break and select any of the options to create a Section break.

Then insert the new document into the first by selecting File from the
Insert Menu.

You may need to go into your headers and footers and de-activate the "Link
to Previous" option if the headers change. Then you can use the second set of
headers for this section of the document.
--
Scubamunda