Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JenniferLee JenniferLee is offline

Default Word 2007 Print Key Assignments does not show Macro Name

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug? When I print my Key Assignments
in Word 2007, the list does not include any macro names. It either just
lists the shortcut key with no other info, or it lists "Macro recorded [date]
by [name]" when it was a recorded macro as opposed to a written macro. So I
can't tell what macro the shortcut key is used for, which is the whole point
of printing the key assignments in the first place. By contrast, when I used
a key assignment to apply a style or to reassign a command shortcut, it does
list that info. It is only macros that lack any further info. Anyone
experiencing the same thing? FYI, I am testing Office 2007 for deployment in
my company, so I am the only one using it here. Thanks in advance for any
insight you can offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm not encountering the same thing. If I assign a keyboard shortcut to a
macro and print the Key Assignments I get the key board shortcut along with
the macro name in the Template.Module.MacroName format.

I've tried this with macros in Normal.dotm, and a Word document and the
results were the same.

Ah! Hold that thought. I DO encounter the behavior you describe if the
macros are stored in document/template saved in the Word 97-2003 format. I'd
say you found a bug. If you convert your *.doc to a *.dotm or *.docm (click
the Microsoft Office Button and then click Convert) then they'll print
correctly. Note that if you need to retain the Word 97-2003 format then
convert a copy of the file just in case. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JenniferLee" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JenniferLee JenniferLee is offline

Thank you for your hard work, your answer didn't quite solve the problem but
it pointed the way to a resolution.

Actually, I was trying to print key assignments from Normal.dotm. What I
had done originally was created a new Normal.dotm in 2007, then imported the
NewMacros.bas file from my old 2003 Normal.dot and reassigned all the
shortcut keys in Normal.dotm. I also created one new macro in 2007 but had
the same printing key assignment issue. After reading your response, I tried
creating a new macro with shortcut key, but saving it to a new .docm file
instead of Normal.dotm, and it printed key assignment properly. So obviously
the problem was with my Normal.dotm and that imported .bas file.

So, first I removed all the macros from my Normal.dotm, and resaved it
specifying save as 2007 format. Then I reimported the 2003 .bas file and
recompiled. Then I recreated each macro with a shortcut key by cutting the
old macro, typing the Sub MacroName() and pasting in the code from the old
macro, and recompiled Normal.dotm. Then (still in Normal.dotm) I went to
Word Options: Customize: Customize Keyboard and reassigned each macro
shortcut key. After that, I could print the key assignments just fine.

It was a bit odd, especially because I had already reassigned all the
shortcut keys when I originally imported the .bas file, and they were working
properly, but recreating them and reassigning the shortcut keys did the trick
to enable printing.

Thanks, Beth, and thanks to anyone else who may have spent time pondering
this strange little issue.

Jennifer

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm glad to hear you finally got this accomplished and thanks for sharing
the details with us, Jennifer. :-)

It's definitely a bug and I'll relay the information on this issue.