How do I copy or move multiple files?

Old August 5th 07, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jcb

Default How do I copy or move multiple files?

I buying a new PC & I want put what I have this one on the new one. I don't
to have to save every one of thousands of files one at a time to my flash
drive & transfer. I don't mind the transfer from device to device - How do I
move or copy multiples?? Also, will this work in Excel?
Old August 5th 07, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

This doesn't really belong in a Word newsgroup but... Why are you
transferring your files one at a time? If you prefer not to use you flash
drive, network the two computers together and transfer them that way.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Old August 5th 07, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Just to make sure you're clear: The only thing you can effectively
*transfer* are your User Files - the one's you've created yourself using
programs such as Word & Excel. The operating system (Windows) & the programs
themselves have to be *installed* on the new system - copying them over
won't work.

If you can't connect the two computers as JoAnn suggested just go to Windows
Explorer & drag the folders containing your files to the flash drive. Then
take the flash drive to the new system & use Windows Explore there to
move/copy the lot to its hard drive. If necessary use Windows Help & search
for: copy files.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/5/07 4:16 PM, in article
, "jcb"

Old August 6th 07, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The easiest solutions are to buy a crossover Ethernet cable and use it to
connect the Ethernet ports of the two PCs to create an adhoc peer to peer
network. You can then copy all your data files.
or
Remove the hard drive from the old PC and install it in the new one (two
plugs) and then transfer your data to the hard drive of your new PC before
returning it to the old PC (or reformat it and keep it as a backup drive).

Under no circumstances save documents to the flash drive. Use Windows
Explorer to copy as many of them as will fit then copy them to the new PC.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org