How do I control default imported image size and format in Word

Old August 7th 07, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JiverJim

Default How do I control default imported image size and format in Word

I import photographs into Word documents and wish to avoid having to resize
the documents and change the image format after importing. Can the default
be changed in the Word template file? I could create a template specifically
for this type of document.
Old August 7th 07, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

JiverJim wrote:
I import photographs into Word documents and wish to avoid having to
resize the documents and change the image format after importing.
Can the default be changed in the Word template file? I could create
a template specifically for this type of document.

Insert a table where you want the picture to appear, set its columns to the
width you want the picture to be, turn off the table's borders (Ctrl+Alt+U),
and select Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width so it won't automatically
expand. Set the default insertion type (in Tools Options Edit) to "In
line with text".

When you insert a picture in a cell of the table, if it's wider than the
column width, the picture will automatically resize to fit in the cell.
(Word won't resize a small picture to fit a wider column, though.)

Please explain what you mean by the "image format".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old August 8th 07, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JiverJim

Default How do I control default imported image size and format in Wor

Your solution will actually solve both problems, by image format I meant its
behaviour relative to text. By using a table I will be able to control this.
Thank you