fib74

Default How do I stop text boxes jumping

I am having problems with textboxes moving into the margins and then being
unable to be moved when editing documents - please help
Jezebel

Invest a little time to learn what's going on with the Layout tab on the
Format TextBox dialog, including the options on the Advanced tab. The
position is affected by the form of positioning (in-line, square, tight, top
and bottom, etc), and by whether 'Allow overlap' is checked.

"fib74" wrote in message
I am having problems with textboxes moving into the margins and then being
unable to be moved when editing documents - please help

DocBrown

I've had issues where the Absolute Postion field on the Advanced Layout |
Picture Postion field gets set to some ridiculous value like -9.89. Even when
I correct it, some movements of the graphics will cause Word to 'forget' that
value and put a 'garbage' value in the field, which cause the textbox to jump
to the top of the page.

Also if the TextBox gets too close to the top/bottom margin, Word seems to
try and reposition it, many times in ways that are unexpected.

"fib74" wrote in message
I am having problems with textboxes moving into the margins and then being
unable to be moved when editing documents - please help

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

In addition, you might want to check out this article, as the info in
it relates to TextBoxes as well as frames (more or less).

Understanding Frames and Anchors in Word

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:31:02 -0800, "fib74"
wrote:

I am having problems with textboxes moving into the margins and then being
unable to be moved when editing documents - please help

Bob S

This can happen if Vertical Alignment is set to "Center" in Page
Setup. It is a bug. The easy work-around is either don't do centered
vertical alignment, or if you do, don't drag things.

Bob S