Link to Figure?

Old August 14th 07, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian[_2_]

Default Link to Figure?

Hello,

In my Word document I have a number of pictures (screenshots). Each
screenshot has a caption (i.e. Figure X: ....) In the document I refer to
the Figures by number from within the document's content.

Is there a way, short of creating a bookmark for each of my Figure
caption's, to "link" to a Figure? For example, when I insert a "Table of
Figures" to my document, it can locate all the Figures I have applied
captions to. I can click on any one of these and be taken directly to that
spot in the document. Is there a way to do mimic this functionality using
the "Insert Hyperlink..." functionality? ...Or some other way?

Sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup for this, but it looked like the best
one for my problem...

TIA!

-Brian

Old August 14th 07, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Use the Insert Reference Cross-reference command and select Figure in
the reference type dropdown, then select the particular figure to refer to.
The "Insert as hyperlink" option should already be selected, so the
reference will be a hyperlink.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman