How do I remove numbers from individual pages within a document?

Old August 17th 07, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JLRussell

Default How do I remove numbers from individual pages within a document?

I have a long document that has page numbers but I want to remove the numbers
from certain pages (section intros, etc.). Can I just delete the individual
page numbers or will that affect the rest of the document?
Old August 17th 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can omit page numbers from specific headers/footers in specific
sections. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for more
on how headers/footers work in this regard; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for more on
different numbering. Note that in order to *omit* page numbers (as opposed
to restarting numbering or changing the number format) you *must* unlink the
header/footer in a given section from those preceding and following it.