Double spacing on labels

Old August 22nd 07, 10:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawsonfred

Default Double spacing on labels

In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it - why?
How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and no paragraph
spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more complicated
rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh
Old August 22nd 07, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

There has been a lot of discussion on this in the forum this week - but see
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm which covers the
issues.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 22nd 07, 11:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawsonfred

Surely this can't be that complicated to produce a label without doulbe
spacing. All I want is a sheet of sticky labels of my own details, not a
whole lot of mail merge stuff and pages of unintelligible instructions
wasting my time when I could be out in the fresh air.
Fred Lawson

Old August 22nd 07, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer

Avery has free software.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...ode=0&wtloc=sc

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

Old August 22nd 07, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You only have to read the note!
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_w...2007.htm#Note:
It explains the reasons for the added space and how to overcome it.

Old August 22nd 07, 12:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawsonfred

Yes, but how do I modify to get both no spacing on the letter and also labels
with no spacing. It still doesn't work for the labels. Can't someone
explain it short simple English please. I wish I had never upgraded to 2007
- I mistakenly thought it would be better.
Fred Lawson

Old August 22nd 07, 12:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It won't help with the essential style related problem from Word.

--

"lawsonfred" wrote:

In Word 2007, when I print a label or envelope it double spaces it
- why? How do I have paragraph spacing in the letter as normal and
no paragraph spacing in the labels and envelopes?
I would have thought MS would have got this right by now.
I keep spending money updating and it just seems to get more
complicated rather than easier.
Fred Lawson, Edinburgh

double spacing Selby Microsoft Word Help 2 June 14th 07 06:05 PM
Double Spacing Jen Microsoft Word Help 1 January 25th 07 06:54 AM
My document is double spacing but paragrah spacing is set at singl Double Spacing Microsoft Word Help 2 October 9th 06 07:35 PM
Double Spacing Allison Microsoft Word Help 2 January 13th 05 01:17 AM
Get rid of Double Spacing Al Franz New Users 2 December 1st 04 11:20 PM