how to recover my work before the last save

Old August 22nd 07, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George

Default how to recover my work before the last save

Today i was working on word2003 my work for my diploma(over 2years of
work),suddendly my file was dissapered and a empty page appear on my screen,i
press to close te word2003(save the changes i press yes)and i lost all my
work,please help me is very importand for me because i have to give my work
next Monday,can i retract or recover my work?Can find my work before the last
emtpy page save??Please HELP ME as soon as possible if you know
something,thank you
Best regards
George
Old August 22nd 07, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you had *already* enabled the "Always create backup copy" option (Tools |
Options | Save), then the previous version will be found as "Backup of
filename.wbk" in the same folder with your document (you'll need to set
"Files of type" to "All Files" to see it). If not, then there may be little
hope unless you have previous backups (which surely you made of something so
important).

What you doubtless did was inadvertently select the entire document and
overwrite it with a single character or space. You should either have
immediately pressed Ctrl+Z (Undo) or closed the file without saving the
changes.